MP’s son went home after taking Aston Martin victim to hosp, say police | Hyderabad News

Hyderabad: After taking the Aston Martin accident victim to a hospital, Janasena Party MP Lingamaneni Ramesh’s son, Lingamaneni Sanjush, went home and was later brought to the police station by an investigating officer, Cyberabad police said on Friday.The clarification came as videos that surfaced from the accident scene at Madhapur on Aug 16 showed Sanjush and bystanders rushing the 26-year-old injured woman, Bharati Mukhi, to hospital moments after the crash.Cyberabad commissioner of police M Ramesh said: “After the accident, the accused took her to Apollo Hospital in his car. He panicked later and went home. Our sub-inspector went to his home and brought him to the police station.”Frantic efforts to save BharatiVideos recorded by people at the accident spot, which surfaced days after the crash, capture the chaotic moments. In the footage, a woman believed to be Bharati’s colleague is seen crying beside the injured victim and pleading for help, while a bystander is heard asking Sanjush to stop the car. Sanjush is seen approaching the injured woman as a crowd gathers around her.The videos show bystanders lifting Bharati and placing her into the luxury Aston Martin before she is rushed to Apollo Hospital in Jubilee Hills. Doctors, however, declared her dead on arrival.Police said they have also obtained CCTV footage related to the accident and that it would be produced before the court as part of the investigation. Madhapur ACP Ch Sreedhar said Sanjush could be called again for questioning if required during the course of the probe.Bharati was a native of Mayurbhanj in Odisha. According to the complaint, she and her colleague, Pooja Ashok, had gone towards the ITC Kohenur area to collect lunch and were returning to the mall when the accident occurred.‘No preferential treatment‘The police commissioner, however, dismissed allegations that the accused was receiving special treatment because of his family background. “It was an unfortunate accident. We have registered the case against the accused. We have taken drug and alcohol tests under videography. He tested negative,” Ramesh said.“There is no high-profile treatment for the accused. I haven’t received a single phone call from anyone influencing the case,” he added, asserting that all procedures were being followed.Police said the complainant, Lifestyle store manager in the nearby Inorbit Mall where Bharati worked as a sales executive, initially knew the accused only as Sanjush and the FIR was registered based on the details available at the time. His full name and his father’s name were subsequently included in the notices issued to him, police claimed.Madhapur police had earlier served Sanjush a notice under section 35(3) of the Bharatiya Nagarik Suraksha Sanhita.
Source link



